Sempervivum 'Pink Lotus'
Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’ is a beautiful and unique variety of succulents that is native to the mountainous regions of central Europe. It is a member of the Sempervivum genus, which contains approximately 30 different species of succulents.
The ‘Pink Lotus’ variety is characterized by its large, fleshy leaves that are arranged in a rosette pattern. The leaves are a deep green color with pinkish-red tips. The flowers of this plant are small and white, and they bloom in the summertime.
This plant is relatively easy to care for, and it makes an excellent addition to any succulent collection. If you are looking for a plant that is both beautiful and easy to care for, then Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’ is the perfect choice for you!
- This succulent loves to soak up the sun, but partial shade is okay.
- Typical water needs for a succulent.
- Form a rosette that Grows up to 3 inches tall and 6 inches wide.
- It is cold hardy, Zone 5a (Minimum -20°F | -28.9°C).
- You can propagate it by taking offsets.
- Plus, it’s generally non-toxic and safe around people and pets.
- In the winter, it will be dormant.
History of Sempervivum 'Pink Lotus'
This succulent plant is a hybrid sempervivum that was created in the early 21st century. It is a cross between Sempervivum arachnoideum and Sempervivum montanum. The resulting plant is a beautiful rosette that features pinkish-red leaves with white tips.
The plant is quite hardy and can tolerate a wide range of growing conditions. Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’ was created by accident when two different species of sempervivum were cross-pollinated.
The resulting plant was so beautiful that it was quickly propagated and made available to the public. This plant has become quite popular in recent years due to its unique coloration and easy care requirements.
Physical Characteristics of Sempervivum 'Pink Lotus'
This ‘Pink Lotus’ succulent is a beautiful plant that is native to the mountainous regions of Europe. It is a member of the Crassulaceae family and is closely related to the Sedum genus. This plant gets its common name, “Pink Lotus”, from its large, pink flowers that bloom in the summertime.
The leaves of Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’ are thick and fleshy, and they grow in a rosette shape. The leaves are green in color with red tips. The flowers of this hybrid plant are pink and they bloom in the summertime.
The Care and Grow of Sempervivum 'Pink Lotus'
The care and maintenance of Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’ is not difficult, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, this plant does best in full sun to partial shade. It will tolerate some shade, but it will not flower as profusely in shadier conditions.
- Second, This ‘Pink Lotus’ succulent is drought tolerant once established, but it will look its best if given regular water during the growing season. Be sure to allow the soil to dry out between watering.
- Third, this plant is not particular about soil type, but it does prefer well-drained soil. Fourth, Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’ is a low-maintenance plant and does not require much fertilizer. However, a light application of a balanced fertilizer in the spring can help promote growth and flowering.
- Finally, Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’ is an evergreen plant, but it may lose some of its leaves in very cold weather. If this happens, simply trim off the damaged leaves and the plant will quickly recover.
- To propagate Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’, divide the offsets from the parent plant. Replant the offsets in well-drained soil and water regularly.
In conclusion, Sempervivum ‘Pink Lotus’ is an absolutely stunning plant that is perfect for those who are looking for something a little different. It is important to remember that this plant does require a bit of extra care and attention, but the results are definitely worth it.